May 21, 2010

Luminous Landscape



Invitation card designed by Linda Cordner


Luminous Landscape
June 1 to 30, 2010
Kensington Stobart Gallery
Salem, Massachusetts

Vernissage : June 10, 5 pm to 8 pm


Thanks to Julie Shaw Lutts the Luminous Landscape collective will show this coming June at The Kensington Stobart Gallery in Salem, MA, in parallel to the Fourth Annual Conference on Encaustic Painting. The collective comprises of 18 artists working with encaustic and the rich subject of landscape painting. This coming show is curated by Sandy Heaphy, gallery director at the Kensington Stobart Gallery, Julie Shaw Lutts, Linda Cordner, Janet Bartlett Goodman, and Charyl Weissbach. Last year, the collective published a beautiful intimate catalogue on our 2009 show; you can order it online here (see previous post).


For the first time, I will be showing some of my landscape Encaustic Monotypes. I worked and developed this technique over the winter and I will be posting very soon a long article on my approach of this amazing technique. I'm thrilled by this new avenue in my production since it combines my long lasting interest for works on paper and my devotion toward encaustic painting.


Alexandre Masino
Racines de nuages I, 2010
Encaustic Monotype on Kozo paper
13" x 20"


Alexandre Masino
Au gré du souffle I, 2010
Encaustic Monotype on Kozo paper
13" x 20"



No comments: